Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Fail


Oh boy oh boy oh boy
Everyone's gonna sing Happy Birthday
When Jones comes in the office

I will use my natural tenor-voice
To sing harmony instead of melody
Which will add greatly to the levity of the occassion

Here he comes
We're starting to sing
Here it goes - I'm going to harmonize!

Uh-oh, it's not working for some reason
I thought I could ad-lib a harmony line
But I think I'm in the wrong key

Oh why did I start so loud
Now I have to keep singing this loud
Maybe I can pass it off like I'm singing bad on purpose

No, it's not working, nobody's smiling
Here comes the big finish
Maybe I can just slide into the melody line on "to yoooooou"

It's not working, oh it's not working
Why did I ever try to harmonize on happy birthday
Oh disgrace, failure, despair.
Rats!

2 comments:

Benjamin Crum said...

Maybe I am unclear on what poetry is.

Maybe not.

Nathan said...

If you are, then good, cuz so am I.