Sunday, March 1, 2009

A poem by Ben Curell


Note: This is a poem composed many years ago by Ben Curell. It was written in marker on a floppy disk he used in High School. I think what first intrigued me about the poem was how it functions both as a work of art and an effective method for establishing proprietary rights over the object in question. It proves that art needn't be unneccessarily convoluted. In fact, it is the very simplicity of the poem, the beauty of perfect craftsmanship, that has compelled me to return to it again and again as a wellspring of inspiration. -NA

Who's disk is this?
Oh can't you tell?
This disk belongs
To Ben Curell

3 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I still have that disk. I stole it to use for newsletter stuff.

Nathan said...

that's hilarious