Wednesday, May 6, 2009

On sleeping way too late for the third day in a row


Six in the morning
Overly ambitious
Six forty-five
Breakfast sounds delicious
Half past seven
Sunshine bright and stinging
eight on the nose
My alarm clock ringing
Three minutes later
Roommate up and fussing
Three minutes later
He resorts to cussing
Nine o'four
Ignore a call from work
Nine o'five
Boss thinks I'm a jerk
Ten 'til ten
I'll be late for class
Ten past ten
Such a lazy ass.
At eleven
I am fast asleep
Just past twelve
In a sickly heap
Twelve o'one
Now my back is sore
Twelve o'two
Can't take any more
Twelve o'three
What an awful pain
Twelve o'four
Won't do that again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... a long time ago I remember a song about a schizophrenic groundhog. Do you remember that or have anything to do with it?

TGW

Jonathan said...

That was me (I know) and my brother Nate.