Sunday, May 10, 2009

A poem for my mother


I coulda sent some chocolate
Perhaps a nice bouquet
I coulda sent some stupid card
Nah thats too cliché
But what the heck am I to do
To member Mothers day?
Should I post a letter?
Or some communiqué?
I guess I failed miserably
But you'll love me anyway
So an ode to mothers
Who see life through a prism
Theyd love their rotten children
If we practiced cannibalism
Heres your poem, Dear Mother
I love you quite a lot
But not enough, apparently
To give it too much thought
Because as you can plainly see
This is all ya freakin got

5 comments:

Beth Alberson said...

Next year I want cash.

Jonathan said...

Hilarious. The comment, I mean. I expected a poem like this from Nathan, but a comment so succinct from his mother, so clear and to the point. Bravo!

Nathan said...

I agree.

Ben Curell said...

And her subtle use of link sarcasm is superb. A comment of comments, I must say.

Benjamin Crum said...

in face that URL still is available.